Monday, September 9, 2013

Best Banana Bread Recipe

I bought 40 bunches of bananas for $8 at the Farmer's Market, so expect a few more banana recipes coming up. I like how simple and minimal the ingredients in this are. This banana bread has an extremely moist center with a crisp outer. It only lasted a few hours in our home.





What you need:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
What you Do:

  1. Cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Add eggs and bananas
  3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. (I let the toddlers stir dry ingredients) 
  4. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
  5. Pour into greased loaf pan.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
I want to make this a healthier recipe, by subbing White Wheat Flour, but this was so perfect that I know I won't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment